Monday, October 24, 2011

Coco Loco's Taco's

It's time for Mexican!!!

I grew up in Southern California.  I have 1/2 Mexican and I have multiply family members---not to be arrogant but, including myself----who cook the real authentic amazing Mexican food.  I know what GOOD Mexican food tastes like.  New England struggles a little bit with this concept of Mexican vs. Tex Mex.  Heck! New England struggles with Mexican vs. Edible. Basically, what I'm getting at is it is hard to find good Mexican food that isn't Chipotle.

The other day after a LONG day of my sister's baby shower in Portsmouth, NH Nic and I were ready for some dinner.  Our brother-in-law reccommened Coco Loco's Taco's in Kittery, Maine.


From the moment I drove up I knew I was going to love it!  
They had an outdoor patio seating area.  ---And it was a lovely warm fall night.
We were able to get a table outside which brought joy to my heart. 
The waitress was lovely.  Just the right about of chit chat and efficiency. 
The meal started right with some Mexican soda.  Yum! My favorite! The Nic and I both had burritos and they were delish! Fresh Homemade tortillas. Stuffed full of yummy rice, beans, meat and cheese.  The highlight of my meal was the tortilla chips!  They were so good.  I could have just eaten that and been satisfied. 

After a long day Coco Loco's Taco's hit the spot.  I would give it an 8 out of 10.  


3 comments:

  1. Mexican Soda is normal soda. BUT, it's comes in lovely glass bottles and in flavors like Pineapple, Strawberry, and Lime. If you want to buy some I believe they sell it at Market Baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to go! This isn't too far. We'll have to check it out. They would get a decent Mexican place AFTER we're gone. :( Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete