Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

 I have been wanting to write about the Rise of the Planet of the Apes since this summer yet, every time I sit down something else springs to mind. 
Lucky you, today is the day!

I am a daughter of my generation and although I have seen such cinematic classics like Gone with the Wind and Sound of Music.  I haven't seen, in full, the original Planet of the Apes series. 
I imagine I would love it.  But, the opportunity just hasn't arrived--- I'll check my Netflix streaming. 
Even though I've failed to see the Heston classics I have succeeded in seeing the modern Planet of the Apes---and loved them. 

The first Planet of the Apes in 2001 was good, in my opinion. I think it held to the idea of the world gone upside down. Although, it still begs the question; Could this ever really happen?
Well, this summer the magic of movies answered that question. Nic and I went to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes and that one blew my mind. 

Rise of the Planet of the Apes actually made the whole idea of Apes taking over the world as the superior species plausible.  Now-a-days there is so much animal testing being done that it really wouldn't surprise me if one day they just went a little too far and messed with genetics a bit too much and made a big mistake!  Granted I don't really think that Apes would really be on the same level ---and higher--- than humans but, it is an amusing thought to entertain.  I <3 Science Fiction.  


Overall, I give it an A!  
Due to a well thought out story line, love-able and hate worthy characters, good script, and amazing special effects--- Caesar's special effects are tryly an art.  To make such human like qualities in an ape/computer generated animal that is something to be impressed with. 


I'll defiantly buy this when it comes out. 


Do you like the Planet of the Apes movies?  Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment