Monday, October 31, 2011

Rock City Coffee

I am like the millions of people out there who appreciate a good cup-a-joe.

In fact, I not only appreciate it I adore it. 

There's nothin' like a nice warm, smooth, slightly bitter, slightly sweet espresso. 

One of my first jobs was as a Barista for Starbucks.  When I started I was a young pup who "didn't drink coffee".  By the time I felt I became a connoisseur and coffee snob---proudly. 

Living in Portland there are quite a few coffee shops I can choose from.  All of which have their pro's and con's.  
Well, one day I was at the Portland Public Market.getting so yummy soup from Karmasouptra and I glanced over and saw Cubano con Leche at Rock City Coffee.  
I was so excited I could barely stand it!   Cubano con Leche is Cuban Espresso with sugar and steamed milk. 

You may think this sounds like a latte with sugar BUT, it is so much more than that.  It is pure heaven.  

I didn't order coffee that day because I was in a rush.  So for a solid week I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing this coffee must be.  A part of me knew that if they had Cubano con Leche on their menu it MUST be amazing!  Finally, the day of happiness came. 

I ordered Cubano con Leche and it lived up to the hype. 
It was pure bliss. 
I think I filled up my stamp card in less than 2 weeks. 

Since then I have ordered other drinks and tried some of my friends drinks like Horchata with a shot of espresso and they have all been DELICIOUS!

I highly recommend Rock City Coffee. 
10 outta 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment